THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION AND FINANCING OF THE NATIONAL RURAL DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
According to article 66 paragraph (1) of the Council Regulation (CE) No 1698/2005, a European Rural Development Network shall be established, interconnecting the national networks, organizations, and administrations which are active at Community level in the area of rural development.
The goals of the Network shall be:
- the collection, analysis, and dissemination of information concerning the Community activities regarding rural development;
- the collection, dissemination, and consolidation of good practices regarding rural development at the European level;
- the provision of information regarding the evolution of the situation in the rural areas of the Community and third-party countries;
- the organization of reunions and seminaries at the Community level for the actors in the area of rural development;
- the setting up and animation of networks of experts to facilitate the exchanges of know-how and to support the implementation and evaluation of the rural development policy;
- supporting the national networks and the transnational cooperation initiatives.
According to Regulation (CE) No 1698/2005, article 68, it is provided that each Member State must set up a National Rural Network to bring together the organizations and administrations involved in rural development.
The financial amount provided by article 66, paragraph (3) shall be used for:
The National Rural Development Network (NRDN) represents an opportunity for a better integration of the approaches in the agricultural and forestry areas, social-economic environment, financed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, as well as for a better alignment with the territorial dynamics/context.
- the structures necessary for the functioning of the network;
- a plan of action which stipulates at least the identification and the analysis of the transferable good practices, as well as the information regarding this subject, the administration of the network, the organization of the exchanges of experience and know-how, the elaboration of training programmes for Local Action Groups in the process of their formation, and technical assistance for inter-territorial and transnational cooperation.